The first Naples Midwinter Patent Law Experts Conference will be held on February 4-5, 2013 at the Naples Ritz Carlton in Naples, FL. The conference, which is being sponsored by the Akron University Law School, has been planned as a small, intimate gathering of leaders of the profession including corporate, private and academic sectors with a maximum participation of no more than eighty persons. An opening reception will be held from 8:30 to 10:00 pm on Monday, with an all day working session to be held on Tuesday. The working session on Tuesday will include presentations on the following topics:
• The AIA and Changes at the Patent Office; New Legislation? — includes a morning keynote address by The Hon. Robert Stoll, former Commissioner for Patents for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• The “Unified” European Patent
• The Supreme Court and the Federal Circuit — includes a keynote luncheon speech by The Hon. Richard Linn, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• Obviousness/Inventive Step at the PTAB, A Comparative View
• A Corporate Management Perspective on Global IP Litigation — panel includes The Hon. Sharon R. Barner, former Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce and Deputy Director for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.